In a huge and competitive e-commerce market like the UK, if you don’t have a lot of experience in the ecommerce field, it will be a huge disadvantage. Hence, to build your reputation in the international market as well as boost sales quickly, the first thing you have to do is choose the right e-commerce platform. In this article, ArrowHiTech will deliver you the Top 20 best ecommerce platform UK for you to improve your ecommerce business. Then, let’s explore with us right now!
Top 20 best ecommerce platform UK for ecommerce business
The first UK ecommerce solution we highly appreciate is Shopify – one of the most well-known ecommerce platforms all over the world. Realizing the overwhelming demand from users for an easy-to-use and versatile e-commerce platform, Tobias Lütke, Daniel Weinand, and Scott Lake created Shopify in 2006. With Shopify, even if you don’t have any knowledge of technical or design, you still activate this best ecommerce platform UK well.
First and foremost, Shopify’s setup is quite easy, you just need to implement some simple steps within a few minutes. Besides, Shopify supplies a huge number of special pre-built templates to choose from. However, if these designs don’t satisfy you, you can have the ability to create your own unique store to stand out from any competitors in the same field.
Moreover, Shopify takes a wide variety of credit cards, has Level 1 PCI compliance and 256-bit SSL encryption. Hence, it has high security, and provides 24/7 customer service via many devices such as: phone, instant messaging, or email. In addition, when using Shopify, users may manage the functionality and layout of their online store thanks to its comprehensive CMS.
In terms of Shopify’s mobile apps, they enable users to manage their stores on the go with ease. What’s more, since Shopify is a fully responsive platform, your store will surely have a perfect look and run fluently on any type of modern devices.
Alternatively, if you want to converse with your customers in real time, you are able to take advantage of Shopify’s live chat feature. Plus, this best ecommerce platform UK works well with social media such as: Facebook and Instagram. Thus, you can establish customized stores to drive more sales. In particular, Shopify adds the store speed report to its feature list that aims to make business management simpler than ever.
Furthermore, Shopify also comes with a bunch of advanced features. Some of the most outstanding are: limitless store hosting, marketing features like SEO optimization, a discount and coupon engine and so much more. Best of all, Shopify offers a 14-day free trial for customers to experience before making a purchasing decision.
- Your own domain name is used to create a complete website and blog.
- Accept a huge number of payment gateways
- Shopify POS can also be used to sell offline.
- Possibility of creating a Facebook store
- A wide number of shipping apps are available.
If you are a UK retailer and you wish to look for a great ecommerce platform to build your own store, Wix is one of the most ideal choices for you. Despite being widely known as an all-purpose website builder, Wix also offers a fully fledged ecommerce platform in addition to templates and logos. Instead of focusing on complexity like other platforms, Wix positions itself as an ecommerce platform that provides simple solutions for small businesses.
For more details, thanks to Wix’s array of website-building tools, setting up an ecommerce platform is incredibly straightforward without requiring any coding knowledge. As a result, this best ecommerce platform UK becomes the perfect option with anyone just needing to have the desire of selling online.
What’s more, Wix includes over 500 unique templates spanning every industry. Thus, no matter what products you sell, your website will surely leave a big impression on customers’ minds at first glance. Not only that, this awesome UK ecommerce solution accepts credit cards and the world’s leading network of payment gateways such as PayPal and Stripe. Therefore, customers can completely rest assured when paying on your website. Best of all, Wix is extremely user-friendly and will bring both your customers and you the highest satisfaction when using it.
- It provides more than 100 pre-built designs that covers a lot of fields
- Wix has online store builder with drag-and-drop functionality
- Secure checkout on a mobile-friendly eCommerce site
- It also offers various payment options
When it comes to the list of the best UK ecommerce platforms, we can’t help but mention Bigcommerce. Founded in 2009, over many years of establishment and development, nowadays, Bigcommerce has become one of the most flawless ecommerce platforms in the UK for ecommerce businesses.
First of all, Bigcommerce is now a publicly traded corporation on the Nasdaq. Besides, it provides ecommerce articles and videos. Moreover, it allows you to connect with a team of ecommerce professionals that can provide advice and direction regarding online selling, in addition to phone, instant chat, and email support. Best of all, specialists of BigCommerce are Google Analytics and Adwords certified.
Plus, similar to two platforms above, BigCommerce also offers a wide range of eye-catching layouts and themes that help any store owner to generate their own special store and get up and running quickly. Additionally, this platform has a full-featured content management system (CMS) that enables users to manage an entire website, not simply a store.
Furthermore, BigCommerce brings users a lot of benefits such as: detailed and flexible product administration, optimal search engine rankings, and a number of integrated marketing tools and statistics. In terms of payments, it can be taken using more than 40 pre-integrated channels, and shipping details can be tailored to the needs of the business. Additionally, automated order processing, adjustable tax laws based on where orders are placed and dispatched, and support for numerous currencies are all outstanding features of the platform. Then, if you are still wondering about BigCommerce, don’t hesitate to take advantage of a 15-day free trial to learn more.
- BigCommerce is very easy to install with just only some simple steps
- It allows store owners to manage multiple channels at one place. On Facebook, Instagram, Amazon, eBay, and Google Shopping, you may sell directly to customers.
- Provide professional reporting tools on the blog
- Conversion-oriented themes with an emphasis on a positive user experience and good conversion rates.
Coming to another best ecommerce platform UK you should pay attention to build your online store is CoreCommerce. First and foremost, CoreCommerce was founded in 2001 with the goal of providing small and medium-sized businesses with ecommerce services. Besides, this solution emphasizes simplicity and transparency, claiming that its platform is simple to use and that clients will not be hit with any unexpected fees. The fact that all of CoreCommerce’s functionalities are available to all customers, regardless of plan. Plus, the number of products, the number of email addresses, the quantity of bandwidth, and the amount of storage required by the user will decide the price plans.
Similar to many other ecommerce platforms, CoreCommerce also includes features for store design, product administration, order processing, and marketing. Furthermore, some of the highlight features are: unlimited product customization choices, a built-in blogging engine, and secure hosting supplied by Rackspace with a 99.9% uptime guarantee, etc.
- Integrations with a lot of marketplaces such as: Amazon, eBay, Facebook, Google, etc
- Come with multilingual and multi-currency capabilities
- Coupons and product bundles are offered at a discount.
- Responsive themes so that your site will have a great look regardless of any device
- SEO CRM with built-in SEO.
The next best ecommerce platform UK you should consider in order to make your business have a leg up in the global market is EKM. For more details, EKM was the first cloud-based eCommerce platform in the UK, having been launched in 2002. Being an all-in-one ecommerce platform, EKM includes everything you need to sell online successfully.
Besides, EKM contains more than 150 available appealing templates for you to choose from. Furthermore, all ecommerce capabilities are included in all plans, so you won’t have to pay for pricey add-on apps.
In addition, EKM takes care of over 30,000 shops globally, with a total sales volume of £5 billion. Best of all, they also have a 9.4 out of 10 rating on Trustpilot thanks to over 1,500 customer ratings.
Alternatively, EKM provides plans starting at £32.49+VAT per month without contract. And, in particular, you can even test it for free for 28 days using our special offer link.
- EKM includes a wide range of advanced add-ons that can meet your any requirement to develop your business
- It offers unlimited products with a free domain and SSL
- Hosting is included in the price of all plans and includes UK-based support.
6. Big Cartel
- Firstly, this best ecommerce platform UK is exclusively designed for artists and artisans
- Secondly, it includes the ability to easily change the look of your site using code
- Thirdly, your site is well optimized so that it will have many great opportunities to appear on first results on search engines.
- Besides, management of orders and inventory as well as Promotional resources
- Option to utilize your own domain and accept payments via Stripe, PayPal, or both.
This will be a big mistake if we don’t mention Magento in the list of best ecommerce platforms for UK businesses. Although Magento’s plans cost far more than the competitors, in return it allows you near total control over how your site looks and behaves.
For more details, Magento comes with two options. Following that, the first is Magento Open Source which is a free and flexible open source platform for developers and small businesses. It does, however, necessitate Magento web hosting.
Plus, the second is Magento Commerce which is their cloud hosted solution. And, it is definitely not free.
- Similar to Big Cartel, Magento also focuses on Search Engine Optimization that will ensure your website can get high rank on search engines.
- Assist you easily manage your site as well as content
- Offer best Customer service and order management
- Global sites customer accounts & Loyalty support
In fact, WooCommerce is now one of the most popular Ecommerce platforms by market share. Amazingly, this best ecommerce platform UK is used by 11% of the Top 10,000 Ecommerce websites with another 9% utilizing WooCommerce Checkout.
Being built in WordPress, WooCommerce is an all-in-one solution with tons of advanced features, yet it’s free. Hence, this will bring you the widest selection of plugins and themes available on any web site.
However, in order to set up WooCommerce, you need to know a little more technical. Thus, initially, this can cause some difficulties for newbies or anyone who doesn’t have much knowledge of this field. In addition to a website theme and bespoke plugins, you’ll need to select your own WooCommerce hosting and payment gateway.
What’s more, WooCommerce also has a drawback compared to Shopify or EKM is that you won’t have access to dedicated customer support. It means you will be on your own if you run into issues with your store.
- Firstly, WooCommerce is built on big platform named WordPress, which powers 26% of the internet
- Secondly, it integrates commerce with content in a seamless manner.
- Besides, it allows you to add as many items and users as you want.
- Best of all, you are able to make changes to any area of your website.
- Anything can be promoted perfectly thanks to WooCommerce.
With over one million users all over the world, PrestaShop can be considered as one of the biggest open source ecommerce software platforms not only in the UK but also in the global market. First of all, PrestaShop brings users some versions of the program, and especially the simplest one is free. However, it also means you must perform more of the setup on your own. What’s more, you will need to figure out web hosting and a payment mechanism at the very least. In order to make this process a little easier, both 1&1 and Sitegound provide hosting packages specifically intended for PrestaShop.
Alternatively, this best ecommerce platform UK comes with a dozen modern add-ons, and almost all of them are paid ones. For instance, Amazon shopping carts, abandoned cart reminders, and so much more. Furthermore, they also provide paid specialists and training modules to assist you with practically any part of your online store in order to make your site as stunning and flexible as possible.
- This platform makes selling online become more quickly and easier
- Choose the message to show for items that are out of stock.
- Support you to keep track of each product’s inventory.
- In particular, it allows your clients to create an account in a matter of seconds.
- Connect your shop to social media sites with ease.
Coming to Lightspeed – one of the best choices for UK store owners to sell their products successfully. Although Lightspeed is widely known for its EPOS system, they now also provide an advanced all-in-one e-commerce solution. From SEO-friendly pages to marketing tools to custom themes and applications, their platform includes everything you need to turn your dream store into reality.
Moreover, Lightspeed has a big customer base, up to over 50,000 customers in over 100 countries, processing over £12 billion in annual transactions. In particular, they also claim that customers who use Lightspeed for the first year gain a 20% increase in revenue. Best of all, you can make a free trial within 14 days before deciding to use it.
- Firstly, Lightspeed allows you to create custom pricing for single items, groups of things, and promotions.
- Secondly, it integrates with social media, specifically Facebook, helping you boost sales through it.
- Besides, it shows related items to give customers more purchasing options.
- Come with over 60 eye-catching pre-made themes for you to choose
- Send customers automated emails with tracking information.
As one of the best ecommerce platforms for businesses in the UK, Ecwid is a bit different from the others. First and foremost, Ecwid is an awesome cloud-based platform which means you don’t have to install anything. Moreover, Ecwid can function in tandem with your existing website, social media company pages, blog, markets, and mobile app.
What’s more, from a single control panel of Ecwid, your storefront will be synchronised and managed well. Best of all, this ecommerce solution is also integrated into any website via a widget or a plugin for WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, and Wix.
- Firstly, Ecwid doesn’t require setup or transaction fees, and there is no need for a credit card.
- Secondly, it only takes a few minutes to set up.
- Thirdly, your store will have a great look on any device thanks to the responsive design. Best of all, you can personalize the look of your store as you want.
- Besides, it offers promotional pricing, discount coupons, bulk discounts, etc for you to boost sales
- Customers can check real-time shipping rates based on their location.
In case you are seeking a remarkable ecommerce platform to build a special online store in the UK, let’s have a glance at Etsy. First of all, Etsy is the best choice for anyone who is selling handmade products, vintage objects, and craft materials. Besides, Etsy is considered as a bridge between your store and major electronic marketplaces like Amazon, Ebay, etc. Therefore,driving your sales will become easier than ever.
In addition, Etsy doesn’t charge a monthly sales fee, but you do pay listing fees (£0.15), transaction fees (3.5%), and payment processing fees (4 percent + 20p).
Furthermore, you can utilize their Pattern solution to generate a standalone website separate from the Etsy marketplace. Overall, with the first 30 days free, and then $15 USD/month, Etsy is a relatively affordable way to set-up a successful ecommerce store.
- There are no monthly fees.
- Use Etsy Payments to make payments
- It provides detailed information about your store’s performance
- Email and phone support are available.
- You will have an opportunity to take part in its seller’s community.
There is no denying the suitability of ShopWired for UK store owners to develop their businesses. This best ecommerce platform UK, like EKM, is one of the few Ecommerce platforms on our list that is based in the United Kingdom.
In terms of features, ShopWired contains a huge number of advanced and beneficial add-ons. For instance, fully responsiveness, built-in SEO, SSL support, bespoke themes and so on. Best of all, ShopWired’s separate packages are extremely affordable and fit the budget of every business.
- It offers system for managing all types of content that includes blogging and built-in SEO
- 100% fully responsive that makes sure your site will always have a perfect look on any device, especially mobile phones.
- It allows visitors to compare prices in various currencies.
- Products are available in an infinite number of variations.
- Furthermore, it accepts secure credit card payments with any payment gateway.
Volusion promises to provide everything you need for an online store and it is trusted by more than 180,000 entrepreneurs globally. In fact, Volusion is one of the most worth-using ecommerce platforms for UK online stores. For more details, Volusion provides the most typical Ecommerce platform features. Some of the best add-ons are: free responsive themes, inventory and order administration, reporting tools, etc. In general, this is one of the most affordable hosted alternatives on the market, with plans starting at $15 per month.
- It supplies many useful tools for you to enhance your SEO website such as: search friendly URLs, sitemaps and ability to edit robots.txt, etc
- Custom CSS editing is possible with access to the CSS
- Payment processing with PayPal and Stripe
- It assists you to manage your social media sales simply
- Provide a 14-day free trial for you to experience.
X-Cart is also a worth-mentioning name when it comes to the topic of the best ecommerce platform UK. Firstly, X-Cart is proud as the #1 open source Ecommerce platform for high-performing online stores. Besides, instead of charging regular monthly payment as other platforms, X-Cart charges a one-time license price for their software. What’s more, its basic edition is entirely free. Thus, you can easily test it out to see whether it’s right for you.
On the other hand, it necessitates using a hosting firm to host the software. Hence, if you have the ability to install it and don’t want to pay a monthly fee, X-Cart is really the perfect choice for you.
- It brings users a variety of appealing design templates
- Because of a powerful open source platform, X-Cart allows you to have complete control over everything
- In particular, XCart is the only PCI DSS-compliant shopping cart software that can be installed on your own server.
- It covers many helpful SEO tools.
Squarespace is an outstanding website builder that is hosted in the cloud. Also, it is also one of the most popular solutions for creating any form of website online. Not only that, Squarespace also has an Ecommerce platform that allows you to rapidly and easily set up an online store, especially in the UK market.
However, this best ecommerce platform UK doesn’t provide a free plan. Plus, they also have fewer payment choices than other platforms. Other than that, Squarespace still offers a lot of great capabilities to help your ecommerce store achieve unexpected results.
- Firstly, it allows you to sell as many items as you want.
- Secondly, SSL security at the checkout and a mobile-friendly website
- Best of all, Squarespace doesn’t charge transaction costs for online shop plans
- Support is available 24 hours a day, 7 days
- If you utilize annual plans, you will get a free domain.
3dcart is a complete ecommerce software package which its name originates from their perspective on Ecommerce’s three dimensions: Store Owners, Search Engines, and Shoppers. In reality, 3dcart is known as one of the most flawless UK ecommerce platforms that any store owner should know. Alternatively, 3dcart offers a comprehensive range of tools to help you build your own store, sell products and promote your site to potential customers. Additional apps are utilized for customization and additional functions rather than as necessary building elements.
What’s more, 3dcart provides a variety of services. Specifically, shopping cart software, B2B and Enterprise Ecommerce, and basic Buy buttons. Overall, whatever your requirements, this platform will satisfy you.
- It comes with a bunch of both free and paid themes. And all of them are perfect and easily customizable.
- Sync your products for sale on many channels such as: eBay, Google Shopping, Facebook, etc for you to boost sales at many places
- Its bandwidth is limitless
- Orders are not limited.
- Moreover, 3dcart provides users with a wide range of modern apps.
18. Pinnacle Cart
Pinnacle Cart is an excellent ecommerce platform that enables you to host your store on their servers or on your own. Both solutions aid you to syndicate your products to the most popular marketplaces, including Amazon, Google Shopping, eBay, Facebook and so on.
The reason it is one of the best and most worth-using ecommerce platforms is because of its set of powerful features. In particular, even on their most basic package, all of the following are available.
- It allows you to sell countless products with ease
- Administrative accounts with no limits
- Pinnacle Cart accepts more than 30 payment options that make your checkout process become easier for clients. Especially, checkout on one page.
- There are no transaction costs.
19. 123 Reg
Coming to another best ecommerce platform UK that any store owner should know to build their stores according to their own style – 123 Reg. However, 123 Reg is primarily known as a domain registrar and is one of the few UK organizations rather than an ecommerce platform.
Besides, 123 Reg integrates with more than 30 secure, trusted payment providers in order to bring your clients the most safe checkout experience.
- As soon as you use 123 Reg, you will have total control over the appearance and feel of your website.
- Offer digital things for sale
- Responsive designs that ensures your website will always run smoothly on every type of modern devices
- Integration of shipping
- Control product options and stock levels.
Last but not least in our list of the best ecommerce platform UK for your ecommerce store is Bluepark. Firstly, Bluepark was established in 2004 and known as a famous UK-based Ecommerce software company. Besides, it has a customer network of more than 2000 businesses worldwide. Moreover, Bluepark offers users more than 30 free yet professional templates for you to choose from to create your own store.
- There’s no limit on how much bandwidth you can use
- HTTPS is fully supported (SSL certificate sold separately)
- Page titles, descriptions, and meta tags can all be customized.
- Inventory control that is comprehensive
- Card payment processing on-site or off-site
- CSV files can be used to import and export product information.
Above are the most detailed and comprehensive reviews on the best ecommerce platforms that every business should know to build a successful online store in a large market like the UK. ArrowHiTech hopes from these, you can choose a suitable platform to sell your products effectively while expressing your brand identity. Then, if you have any questions on this topic or in ecommerce fields, don’t hesitate to CONTACT US. With many years of experience in Ecommerce development services, we will surely bring you to the best advice and solution. Aside from this topic, if you want to learn more useful knowledge, let’s visit our BLOG.