1. PhoneGap – one of common used JS mobile frameworks
It is highly recommended for projects that have budget issues. Just by utilising a single codebase, multiple versions of the application can be created by PhoneGap.
- Single code base for multiple platforms (iOS, Android, and Windows).
- Simple rapid testing and deployment of the application.
- Tapping into device’s hardware such as camera and geolocation will be easy.
- No need for additional knowledge of development.
- Needs less time and efforts.
2. jQuery Mobile
With too many smartphones available in the market, it is essential to take care while developing a mobile application that not only can load faster but also customized and functional across various platforms.
When compared to JS mobile frameworks, jQuery Mobile comes number one in the list when you have to develop an app that loads faster.
- Create cross-platform applications faster.
- Cost-affordable hybrid mobile app development.
- HTML5 and CSS3 for a better touch-optimized UI.
- Lightweight Framework for faster loading.
- Ajax-powered navigation with animated page transitions.
- Uniform user interface for all platforms and devices.
One of the old JS mobile frameworks for hybrid mobile application development, Titanium Provides a simple and transparent access to most of the native functionalities.
- Can easily develop applications compatible with Android, iOS, etc.
- Functional entities let you create high-performance applications.
- Build quick prototypes as it comes with an integrated environment.
- Extremely cost-affordable open-source option
- Simplified coding structure as it supports powerful web technologies.
If you are a huge fan of Angular, this is the right Framework for you. Not only does it provide important mobile components such as overlays, sidebars, and switches; but also developers can bring the website two smartphones in the form of an application.
- Faster and simpler data binding.
- Modifications will be instantly displayed in the model
- Minimizes burden from server CPUs by supporting caching and other processes.
- Faster application prototyping.
Among many JS mobile frameworks, by adding a variety of features, Sencha Touch lets customization exactly how users will interact with the application as per their wish.
Sencha Touch is one of the popular HTML based frameworks that is used to create applications that work amazingly on all platforms without having to change the code for every operating system.
- Provides a high-level responsiveness for applications.
- It is compatible with all the latest versions of Android, iOS, and BlackBerry.
- Loads the application as fast as possible.
- Creating a native application would be easy.
A creative hybrid application development framework, NativeScript is the best choice in the JS mobile frameworks list. Because it is extremely useful in building native cross-platform applications with super performance.
Here is the architecture that NativeScript follows-
- Single code base and then develop it for Android or iOS.
- Gives faster access to native libraries.
- Team Native Script welcomes feature requests to enhance.
- Gives mobile to server data communication and synchronization functions.
- Known for Speed and quick deployment.
- Eliminates bugs that most of the new applications seem to have.
- Offers great flexibility across platforms and devices.
- External libraries and several plugins can be utilized.
- Code works across platforms and devices.
- Single programming language for all operating systems.
- Variety of Cordova plugins available.
- Utilization of well-known web technologies.
- Application testing is easier.
9. React Native
If you are a big fan of native mobile apps then obviously one of the few JS mobile frameworks you will be left with is React Native. As it is an Open source framework, react native app developers in reprocessing the same code on the web and mobile.
- Developers can seamlessly copy half the code to build apps on other platforms.
- With native components, users can get native app experience.
- Revamping complete code is not required.
- Developers can easily run the code everywhere by putting fewer efforts.
More about React Native:
- React native developer: How to hire the best one for your project
- React Native: why you might (or might not) want to use it for your mobile app development
>>> See more related topic in ArrowHiTech’s blog
10. Backbone JS
Is one of the JS mobile frameworks, Backbone JS is highly lightweight and capable of handling current requests. It is extremely helpful when developing the one-page application.
Also, the developer can effortlessly keep an application logistics separated from user interface so that both can be easily modified and updated whenever needed.
- Due to its lightweight, downloading speed would be faster
- Framework includes loads and loads of small libraries which are suitable for specialized needs.
- The models in Backbone JS can be simply tied to the back-end.
Choosing the right JS mobile frameworks is never about the number of features that the particular framework can offer. It’s about the true functionality of the framework and how that functionality can be applied properly within your own mobile app development project. Hence, choose one these top JS mobile frameworks as per your project needs and save time and cost.
There is another way to save time and cost. Hire dedicated development teams from ArrowHiTech – a leading software development company in Vienam). We deliver excellent mobile app development solutions to build your business app.