For several years, project management teams used the traditional technique of careful planning, documentation, and construction. However, due to the rapid growth of the IT industry, project management has fast grown from a collection of concepts to a broad subject with many methodologies based on diverse principles. Nevertheless, until now, there is the appearance of mobile app development methodology. That is the reason why ArrowHiTech will dig more information about Mobile app development methodology: Which one you should select in 2021 for you. Are you ready? Ok. So we will start now.
Mobile app development methodology: Agile
The methodology for mobile application development Agile technique consists of multiple short cycles (2-3 weeks each) that help to reduce risk. The app development team will provide the results to the customers at the end of each cycle. And, if necessary, they will make adjustments based on the customer’s request. As a result, the customer has complete control over the development process. The stages of any app development lifecycle are as follows:
A fully-fledged project took more than one cycle to develop, but each cycle displays a portion of the feature that can be tested and adjusted. The development team reviews the results and customer comments at the end of each cycle in order to make any necessary changes to the development plan.
- Firstly, more detailed planning is required. It’s possible that planning the full development process from the start may be challenging. With the Agile technique, you may divide the app development process into stages, plan each step separately, and address problems after each stage of the developed feature. Therefore, you can save time and resources.
- Secondly, it changes fast. Because the development process is divided into stages. Therefore, making modifications to the app is simple and convenient. Thus, when a project is nearing completion, using an Agile method reduces the risk of serious defects.
- Finally, this mobile app development methodology always interacts with the customer. If a consumer needs to adjust something in the project at any stage during development. Don’t worry. It’s simple to do so without disrupting the development process. Because when completing each sprint, the developers keep in touch with the customers. And provide the results.
Mobile app development methodology: Scrum
Scrum is a technique used in the Agile methodology. Scrum is far more comprehensive in nature, including certain components:
- Roles: scrum master, scrum team, scrum product owner
- Artifacts: product backlog, sprint backlog, burndown chart, log, etc,…
- Events: sprint planning, spring review, daily standup, sprint retro, etc,…
This mobile app development methodology is quite strict on team commitment. Because the Scrum Master has to exclusively focused on Scrum. Therefore it ensures that Scrum is correctly understood and implemented.
Scrum’s main concepts are division and optimization. Developers should divide their work among team members. And then focus on one task at a time. Scrum also states that the team should constantly improve the process by collecting customer feedback.
- Firstly, there are no longer any uncertainties. Scrum is a clear structure. The game’s rules, objects, events, and roles are all simple to comprehend. Therefore, Scrum can help remove uncertainties in the development process. While still allowing development teams to be creative.
- Secondly, it’s well-organized. It is fit for large-scale projects. Because it breaks down complex work into manageable chunks. Thanks to the clear delineation of duties and tasks, this Mobile app development methodology helps to guarantee that the development process is transparent and under shared control. Because customers can observe development in a short amount of time, quick releases keep the team engaged and customers delighted.
Kanban – Mobile app development methodology
Kanban emphasizes continuous delivery while keeping the development team from becoming overloaded. This Mobile app development methodology like Scrum, helps application development teams collaborate more effectively.
By using a Kanban board, Work items will provide the development team with a comprehensive view of progress and processes from beginning to end. Besides that, it helps to improve operational efficiency and create high-quality outputs by offering a well-defined workflow strategy. As a result, it allows project managers to rapidly identify. And eliminate mistakes in the development process.
- Flexibility in planning. The development team focuses on the current project. When the team completes a task, they move on to the next one in the backlog. Any modifications outside of the current tasks have no impact on the team. Therefore the client is free to modify priority in the backlog without interrupting the team. The development team will continue to give maximum value to the customer as long as the customer keeps the most essential tasks at the top of the queue.
- Efficiency has increased. But Kanban allows you to do more with what you already have. Visualizing the development process will rapidly identify inefficient regions. After the team has identified the issue, they can begin to address it. On the Kanban board, bottlenecks, stopped jobs, and too much work in progress are all evident.
- There is less pressure on the team. With traditional management, teams has more work than they can handle. However, this Mobile app development methodology recommends using a pull approach. So developers only add tasks to the workflow when they have the resources to do so.
Waterfall is a sequential and linear app development process. In which each project task is accomplished after the previous one.
Projects in the waterfall style are completed in a single and very long cycle. Project managers have to take responsibility for carefully planning project execution. And performing it depending on the requirements specifications. In addition, if a scenario fails, the development team must repeat the entire process again
At the start of a project, all needs are determined, and each phase is finished before moving on to the next. Project managers keep track of the progress and ensure that the stages do not overlap.
- Firstly, there is a clear framework. Waterfall emphasizes a well-defined set of stages. The design is worked out in detail even before the development process. Therefore, it makes clear the needs and the results to everyone on the team.
- Secondly, Control and management are simple. Each stage has its own set of procedures and deliverables, as well as its own review process. Waterfall is simple to handle due to the clarity of all levels. By following the hierarchy, all of the tasks may be simply organized.
- Thirdly, tests for quality assurance. The testing process made easier and more visible. Because test cases are already defined in the project’s functional definition. If a bug is identified during a certain stage, it is immediately fixed, and the problem is solved.
Hopefully, the above information will help you in your app development. . However, in case you have any struggle with Mobile app development methodology or any service, you can ask us for help. With a lot of experience in Mobile Application Development Services, we surely never disappoint you.