The ability to do every single thing is rather impossible. To effectively achieve great things, we need help, big help. What if you need experts to optimize your websites or modify your eCommerce business? This is where outsourcing software development comes in handy.
The market size of the outsourcing industry in the US has reached $132.9 billion this year, let alone the global market. The trend of IT Outsourcing is blooming day after day, even in this COVID-19 pandemic. However, there are some of its pitfalls that you need to be conscious to successfully avoid. Today, ArrowHiTech’s devoted team will help you out!
First, let’s have a look at its definition!
What is Outsourcing software development?
Simply put, Outsourcing software development is the act of hiring external software outsourcing experts to execute any IT projects. For example, if you want to startup a business but don’t know how to carry out a website, IT outsourcing experts can transform your vision into reality.
Read more: What is IT Outsourcing and its benefits?
As a result, hiring experts is a sensible investment as it saves lots of time, money and effort. They always guarantee the optimal outcomes for you.
On the other hand, there is no such thing that only has advantages. It has disadvantages as well, and the outsourcing industry is no exception. Let’s find out!
Top 5 outsourcing development pitfalls that you should avoid!
#1. Deciding without market research or reference check
This may lead to such regretful decisions later on. Don’t just dive right into the first or the cheapest ones that you find! Some reasons that will make you think again are:
- There is numerous fraud information on the Internet!
- Some statistics are not fully proved online
- Fake IT Outsourcing experts are very persuasive as they provide such non-existent offers
- And many more…. You cannot believe in the world of the Internet without investigating.
Our exclusive strategy is the R – B – R. Firstly, Research – ask acquaintances, seek info in IT communities or so to find the average cost and time. Then, Budget – set a maximum budget, but don’t forget to set aside a bit for unexpected issues. Lastly, Requirement – list all the demand you have, from the most simple to the most complex ones. Balancing all 3 points will surely give you a full preparation.
We have another detailed article on ways to choose the most suitable company right down below:
#2. Code Quality
Code quality can make or break your eCommerce business. Any outsourcing experts can make this type of mistake, even if they let you test beforehand.
What are considered high quality codes? They must have clarity and maintainability.
Thus, when looking for outsourcing experts, you must consider their consistency in code quality. Application and Regression testing is a must-do if you want to test them out!
#3. Poor legal acts
These include contracts, privacy, support & maintenance policies and property rights. It is not necessary to hire a lawyer, you just need to be extremely cautious and careful when signing. Some key points that the contract must have are:
- NDA Contract
- Support Policy
- Maintenance Policy
- Data & Information Privacy
- Code guarantee
And don’t forget that any important notes should be taken down and exchanged between the parties. Oral decisions are really likely to be slipped and misunderstood.
#4. Lack of project ownership
Will you have full control on your project? An outsourcing developer not only writes the codes but also deploys them. For this reason, you need to make sure that you are clear of who works on the project and know who is in charge. Sometimes, it is best to check on the workload via calls, emails and other common check-ins.
#5. Communication barrier
This is one of the most common pitfalls of outsourcing software development. The typical “language barrier” is what makes the project less effective. How to check? Simple, look for other clients’ reference and reviews. Or simply give them a call.
However, remember that we are not looking for English native speakers or C1-level skills. We need experts that are aware of what they are talking about. The most essential elements are the comprehension of the project requirements and clarity on the deliverables.
Here, we are not listing all the cons of outsourcing to scare you out. After all, we do offer ways to avoid it!
Some questions to ask to avoid outsourcing software development pitfalls
Don’t hesitate to ask some of these questions:
- Who will work on my project? What are the branches of the team?
- What specific value will each team offer?
- And, what are the technologies that you have? How do you use them?
- What are the biggest struggles that you have encountered?
- Can you show me your most satisfied project success?
Looking for help? AHT is only one call away!
Our experts of software development services are glad to help you out on any IT problems with our unique strengths.
- Rich Experience: Founded in 2007, today, we are one of the leading IT outsourcing companies in Vietnam. We have managed to complete more than 10,000 projects worldwide. Thus, language borders are non-existent when working with us!
- Low Cost: Located in Vietnam, our labor fee is extremely affordable. Furthermore, we always provide a wide range of profitable selection with different prices. As a result, any customers can choose their favorite and suitable ones.
- High Quality: Although ArrowHiTech provides fair prices, our products are always high quality that you can check out our portfolio to see! Many clients love to work with us and become a long-term partner.
- Strong Dedication: We believe that dedication and passion is the core value which results in the optimal working experience. With that in mind, Our team always prioritizes customers’ needs and demands.
Since our development, ArrowHitech has always prioritized customers and your satisfaction. We believe that commitment, integrity and passion are what make us stand out and trusted for many years. Therefore, we would love YOU to be our next long-term partners for any web development problems.
That’s all for today’s topic of Outsourcing software development pitfalls! Thanks a lot for joining us! And to finish it off, as always, we wish you the best of good luck and success! Book a free consultation