The payment gateway has become crucial to the E-commerce industry because they offer a secure way for shoppers to complete transactions online. Fortunately, there are a number of payment gateways out there, both Australian and international. We’ve got the top list for you, but first, it’s wise to consider the specific Payment gateway Australia requirements of your particular business.
What is a payment gateway?
An e-commerce payment gateway can be simply understood as a merchant service enabling credit card payment in an eCommerce store’s existing software. It supports process transactions directly from e-commerce businesses or eCommerce websites to the payment processor who later receives money from the shoppers. The payment gateway can be offered by the bank to its shoppers, but the certified financial service providers can also provide it as a separate service. Moreover, with a payment gateway, shoppers can easily submit their credit card data with security validation. At the same time, this financial data can be transferred between the retailers’ payment portal and the acquiring bank.
Things to Consider of Payment Gateway in Australia
Now that you know more about an e-commerce payment gateway, you must be thinking about which payment gateway is the best or which is the cheapest one. Well, it doesn’t work like that. You must consider some factors while selecting a payment gateway provider.
Will your eCommerce platform be compatible with your selection for payment gateway? Basing on the nature of your business, you may have unique needs such as integration with your financial data management platform or invoicing software. Therefore, your payment gateway provider should be compatible with such integrations.
Ease & Security
Does your platform integrate smoothly with your choice of payment gateway? Also, is it a fully integrated solution or one that is hosted offsite like PayPal’s Express Checkout? You can put yourself in the shoppers’ shoes to see whether they feel convenient and secure enough.
Fees, Contracts & reputations
Before choosing a particular payment gateway, make sure to research the provider and its solution
- They’re reputable;
- Their prices are competitive;
- Their contracts are flexible enough for your projected needs.
It’s also a great idea to understand your current and expected transaction volumes, as this will dramatically affect your ability to negotiate monthly fees with most payment gateway companies
How do your clients prefer to pay for your products? Make sure to know this in advance and implement a tailored solution to fit their needs.
What method of payment do your customers prefer for your items? Make sure that you are aware of this long in advance and apply a customized solution to satisfy their requirements. Besides, Remember you always can offer PayPal as a secondary (or even tertiary) payment option at checkout because of its sheer popularity, reliability, and security.
Related post: Top 10 best eCommerce websites Australia in 2021
Top best Payment gateway Australia
eWay is a common choice for many Australian eCommerce stores. It is an online payment system that allows the acceptance of payments for retailers in Australia. Also, these payment processors offer merchants a set of APIs to integrate with their own systems and manage payments. Moreover, it is one of the best payment gateways in Australia that offers 24 hours technical support.
- WP eCommerce
- The integration through a secure API so that sensitive information never passes from retailers to the eWAY server.
- Also, the integration process is really smoothly and does not require any coding or programming skills.
- The payment gateway is PCI compliant
- No set-up fees
- Fraud-prevention tool has to be manually activated from your retailer’s account
- The only wholesaler with bank accounts in Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, Hong Kong, and Macau can use it
2. Pin Payments
Pin payments comes with modern APIs that make it easy for the programmers and would love to use them. Besides, it can easily integrates with major E-commerce providers that make it easy to build a best-quality ecommerce store. As it is PCI-DSS level 1 compliant, it ensures utmost security when the payments are made. Furthermore, Pin payments support the merchant in improving the conversions by enhancing the checkout experience of the customers while making payments at your website.
- It can be reversed by the cardholder within 48 hours of the transaction if they have not already consumed or used the goods or service.
- Besides, the cardholder can cancel their PIN at any time to stop future transactions on the account.
- The account holder should notify their bank about lost or stolen cards as soon as possible and change their PIN to ensure protection against unauthorized use of cards.
- Also, it enables real-time reporting for fraud detection and prevention purposes.
- It provides increased security
- Besides, Pin payments are secure and safer than the other payment methods
- It is useful for small businesses that don’t have the resources to maintain a card terminal
- Also, it is not dependent on a network connection so it can be used anytime, anywhere
- The customer has to enter their PIN in order to make the payment which makes it more secure
- There is no need for any additional hardware since it uses bank cards which most people already own
- Lastly, it offers maximum convenience with just one fingerprint or PIN instead of entering long transaction data
- It doesn’t provide mPoS
- The payout may take 7 business days, in the case of foreign currencies
- It is essential for the merchants to share screenshots of their receipts to the customers
The Securepay payment gateway is one of the best payment gateways in the world. It allows users to make online payments through an encrypted system. Besides, this payment gateway comes with a lot of functions that make it a great payment gateway for various online businesses. More importantly, this payment gateway Australia is secure, easy to use, and has a wide range of features. Furthermore, Secure Pay is also possible to manage recurring payments by amount and frequency utilizing Securepay and can view the reports on your dashboard.
- Adobe Business Catalyst
- Firstly, it supports detailed reporting
- Also, it provides Australian bank
- Besides, it supports virtual terminal
- Support free trial period
- Includes advanced fraud protection
- Come with batch payments processing
- Offer to the sandbox to examine the gateway
- At last, it is very easy to customize the payment page
- There ARE hidden fees (service termination fee, PCI certification fee, etc.)
- Printing reports is quite complicated
- PoS is not provided
2Checkout is a payment gateway that offers online wholesalers with an integrated checkout system. Also, it also allows them to get payments from around the world, including international transactions. Moreover, this payment gateway comes with a wide variety of features to select from. One of the most salient features is the ability to generate coupons and voucher codes that can be used by shoppers when buying products.
- PCI compliant
- It supports processing for a wide range of digital currencies, such as Bitcoin, Ethereum
- Also, it supports recurring billing
- Mobile responsive
- The checkout page can be customized
- It is possible to easily integrate WordPress
- Process transactions from international shoppers
- It is possible to accept payments with the “Payment Gateway Fee Calculator
- It is easy to accept payments in Bitcoin with the “Bitcoin Payment Button”
- Digital wallet is not available
- There is no live chat available for retailers
5. ANZ eGate
ANZ eGate is one of the top Australia-based credit card payment gateway that supports the transfer of funds from a credit card to a retailers’ bank account. Besides, the payment gateway company in Australia also supports free fraud protection for transactions that appear using its system, as well as integration with various accounting software packages.
- An easy set-up process
- Also, the payment gateway comes with a great design and is user-friendly
- It allows customers to pay from anywhere using their cell phone or tablet
- This is convenient because shoppers do not have to carry cash or credit cards with them in order to pay for things they desire
- It comes with excellent security features
- Also, it is very easy to integrate with any internet wholesaler account or shopping cart software.
- Firstly, it is quite expensive
- Besides, the customer service is not satisfactory
- Also, it is also not compatible with WooCommerce, the most popular module for WordPress websites – making it difficult to integrate for small businesses
Square supports you with the process online, phone, and mail order payments which integrate smoothly with their flagship Point-of-Sale system. Moreover, offline orders can be processed through their terminal (hardware supplied) and most, if not all cards – even those underused and unpopular ones – can be accepted online.
- Shopify (through a 3rd party app)
- GoDaddy website+marketing
- Acuity Scheduling
- Virtual terminal available
- The card can be stored on file
- Also, it supports competent reporting tools
- It comes with end-to-end encryption for transactions
- Unlike many other gateways, it provides next-business-day deposits
- Besides, it doesn’t charge any fees for a refund
- As part of its chargeback protection plan, it provides $250 every month
- For a small fee (1% of the transfer value), Square comes with an instant deposit
- Lastly, it supports a special iPad app for brick-and-mortar stores
- Transaction through card-not-present transactions is usually heavily scrutinized which causes significant fee deduction.
- Disputes tend to go against the wholesaler in most the cases
Now that you have a detailed guide to choose the best payment gateway in Australia, there’s no stoppin’ you! Decide your budget, requirements for your business, check the details above, and select the top payment gateways in Australia to provide a secure and easy-to-use payment gateway for your clients.
Besides, if you are looking for top eCommerce development companies in Australia? Then, ArrowHitech will provide you with seamless eCommerce solutions to help businesses level up their profit. We are a leading eCommerce development services provider in Australia with an insightful and analytical approach to cater to your business requirements. Check out our projects