Overview about Xcode and swift
Xcode and Swift are 2 products of Apple. Both of them are suitable for macOS, iOS, iPadOS, watchOS, and tvOS. However, there are still some differences between them. Thus, in this article, we- ArrowHiTech team will go through what are the key differences between xcode and swift. So now let’s explore.
What is Xcode?
Xcode was released the first time in 2003. Not only that, it is free for macOS Mojave users. Previous versions are available for registered developers to download from the Apple website.
Major features of Xcode.
- Support: Supporting Programming languages such as C, C++, Objective-C, Objective-C++, Java, AppleScript, Python, Ruby, ResEdit (Rez), and Swift
- Capability: Xcode can generate fat binary files containing code for various architectures in Mach-O executable format. These are universal binary files, and they enable the application to run on both PowerPC and Intel-based (x86) platforms, including 32-bit and 64-bit code.
- GUI tool: Xcode includes GUI tool, Instruments, which runs a dynamic tracing framework on top of DTrace.
What is Swift?
Swift is the most widely used programming language. This powerful programming language was created in 2014 for the iOS platforms iOS, macOS, iPadOS, watchOS, Linux, tvOS, and z/OS. Furthermore, this Swift for iOS app development includes the open-source LLVM compiler framework. It makes use of the Objective-C runtime library. As a result, C, Objective-C, C++, and Swift code can run on the platform.
Major features of Swift.
- Safety: Swift is built with guards against many programming mistakes. Not only that, it eliminated classes of unsafe code.
- High Speed: the speed of Swift is faster than Objective-C thanks to the combination of two files into a single code file
- Less coding required : this program language requires less coding because of the absence of Swift code legacy conventions such as semicolons and brackets
- Open source: it is free to use Swift
- Interactive coding: Swift Playground enables developers to test new algorithms in real time.
What are the key Differences Between Xcode and Swift?
Following table will show you the differences between Xcode and swift:
With the best and potential developers, ArrowHiTech team is confident to help you in iOS app development. Therefore, let’s visit ArrowHiTech website to gain more knowledge.