In this article, we are going to discuss about some aspects of Salesforce profile.
What Is A Profile In Salesforce?
To clarify, a Salesforce profile is a set of settings and permissions provided to specific Salesforce users that define the extent of their actions on the platform. Moreover, a profile in Salesforce determines the way in which users can access objects and data to perform specific business processes.
A Salesforce profile is assigned to every user whenever a user is created to define the extent of their activities on Salesforce. It also controls the following key aspects pertaining to Salesforce:
- Field Level Security – Here, the users are restricted to create, read, edit, and delete fields according to specific requirements.
- Page Layouts – This restricts the page layouts a Salesforce user is permitted to see.
- Custom Apps – This restricts all the custom and standard apps that can be viewed and accessed by a Salesforce user.
- Record Types – This restricts the record types available to specific Salesforce users.
- Login – This restricts the login hours of Salesforce users onto the platform based on specific requirements.
- Tabs – This restricts the tabs that can be accessed and viewed by the Salesforce users.
What Is A Standard Profile In Salesforce?
A standard profile is a profile that is provided to the users by Salesforce by default. Users cannot delete these profiles and need to adhere to the default Salesforce permission sets assigned to them.
Here are some of the major standard profiles in Salesforce that are assigned to the users with specific sets of permissions and settings:
System Administrator in Salesforce profile
This is the standard Salesforce profile that has the maximum permissions and access to the platform. A system administrator can configure and customize the Salesforce application according to specific needs and preferences.
This profile gives you access to all Salesforce functionality except the ones that require an additional license.
Standard Platform One App User
When a user is assigned with this profile in Salesforce, they have permission to use one custom application installed from Salesforce AppExchange or developed in their org. Such a custom app is limited to five tabs.
Moreover, this profile offers the user with permission to use core CRM functionality like contacts, reports, accounts, dashboards, and custom tabs.
Standard Platform User
This profile is similar to the Standard Platform One App User, but it gives you permission to use more than one custom application installed from Salesforce AppExchange or developed in your org.
In addition, users have access to core CRM functionality like contacts, reports, dashboards, accounts, and custom tabs.
A Standard User profile allows you to create and edit most of the key records, run Salesforce reports, and view the setup of your Salesforce org. Although this profile allows you to view campaigns, it does not allow you to manage them. It also allows you to create solutions, but not view them.
Customer Community User
This profile in Salesforce allows a user to log in through a Salesforce community. Here, specific community settings and sharing models determine the access of a user to tabs, Salesforce objects, and a variety of other features.
Salesforce Partner User
If this profile is assigned to a user, they can log into the org through a partner portal or a Salesforce community.
Solution Manager in Salesforce profile
This profile gives you permission to review and publish specific solutions. The functionality of this profile is similar to that of a Standard User.
This Salesforce profile allows you to create and manage marketing campaigns, create HTML email templates as well as create letterheads. Moreover, it manages public documents, add campaign members, and update the statuses of the same using the Data Import Wizard.
The profile of a Contract Manager allows a user to create, edit, activate, and approve contracts on the platform. The users with this profile can also delete contracts, provided they are not yet activated.
As the name suggests, this in Salesforce allows a user to view the Salesforce org setup, run Salesforce reports, expert them, and view other records without being able to edit them.
Chatter Moderator User
This profile allows a user to perform the following activities:
- Firstly, log into the platform of Chatter
- Secondly, access all standard Chatter people, profiles, groups, and files
- Thirdly, grant and cancel privileges given to moderators
- Then, edit the posts and comments made by themselves
- Activate and deactivate Chatter free users and moderators
- Finally, delete the posts and comments visible to them
Site.com Only User in Salesforce profile
As the name suggests, this profile is for the users who can only log into the Site.com application. Every user with this profile in Salesforce would require a Site.com Publisher feature license for creating and publishing sites. Also, they would require a Site.com Contributor feature license to edit the content of the site.
Some of the other permissions provided by the profile include:
- Firstly, creating unlimited custom tabs
- Secondly, using one custom application with not more than 20 custom objects
- Thirdly, accessing the Content app without having an access to the objects of Accounts and Contacts
How To Create A Salesforce Profile?
Creating profiles in Salesforce is a simple process with no complications. So, here are the steps you can follow to create a profile in Salesforce Lightning:
- Firstly, log into your Salesforce Lightning account and go to “Setup”.
- Secondly, click on the option of “Setup Home” and search for profiles in the Quick Find Box.
- Thirdly, once you have opened the Profiles window, click on the option of “New Profile.”
- Next, you will now see a drop-down menu of a list of different profiles. Choose an existing profile from the list.
- Then, enter the name of the concerned profile in the space provided.
- Finally, click on “Save” and your Salesforce profile is successfully created.
How To Edit A Salesforce Profile?
If you are willing to make changes in a profile after creating it, you can edit it by following a simple procedure. So, here are the steps you need to follow for editing a profile in Salesforce Lightning:
- Log into your Salesforce Lightning account and go to Setup.
- Click on the option of “Setup Home” and look for profiles in the Quick Find Box.
- Select the option of “Profiles” from the menu and click on “Edit” near all profiles dropdown menu.
- Now, enter the new view name and other relevant details regarding the chosen profile in the space provided.
- Finally, click on “Save” and you have successfully edited a Salesforce profile.
How To Assign Salesforce Profile To Users?
You can assign profiles to specific users on the platform to define their permissions, restrictions and specific activities.
Follow these simple steps to assign profiles to users in Salesforce Lightning Platform:
- Log into your account, go to setup, click on “Setup Home”, and select Users by looking for them in the Quick Find Box.
- Then, click on “New User”.
- Next, you can simply select the required profile from a dropdown menu in the window of the concerned user.
- Click on “Save” to complete the process.
Final Thoughts with Salesforce profile
Finally, a major way of handling Salesforce operations effectively could be by assigning profiles in Salesforce. Salesforce profiles help the users in performing and not performing specific sets of activities using the platform of Salesforce.
Need to find a reliable Salesforce partner? Let’s ArrowHiTech help you!
If you’re considering more Salesforce outsourcing, you can explore more about us – ArrowHiTech. Above all, with over many years of experience, we can provide the best Salesforce outsourcing services for your eCommerce business at several levels .
Our offered custom development services
- Ecommerce Development
- Web Application Development
- CMS Website Development
- Mobile Application Development
- Software Consulting & Development
- Graphic & Creative Design
- Testers & Developers For Hire
So, if you have any questions, don’t hesitate to contact us via:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone number: +84 243 7955 813.
- Visit our product page here: MageSolution